Dance Vocabulary and Warmup Techniques
Grade Levels: 6-8
Number of sequential sessions in lesson plan: 6
Students will learn and understand dance vocabulary. Students will also learn proper warmup techniques. These techniques will help students to warm up properly before a dance without risking injury to themselves.
Materials Needed: Table space, floor space, paper, pencils, a mat for stretching
Oklahoma Academic Standards Addressed
- D.PR.1: Students will develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- D.PR.2: Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation.
- D.PR.3: Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- D.CR.1: Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- D.CR.2: Organize and develop artistic and work
- D.CR 3: Refine and complete artistic work
- D.RE.1: Perceive and analyze artistic work
- D.RE.2 Construct meaningful interpretations of artistic work
- D.RE.3: Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work
- D.CN.1: Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- D.CN.2: Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.